Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Days of Travel

So, first thing's first: Newark Airport sucks.

The Man and I left around 3am (without real sleep) to get to the airport for my flight. And we encountered every single drunk/stoned New Jersey resident. That's what I get for leaving New Year's Day in NYC, I guess. But when we got to the AirTrain for EWR, we had to wait roughly 40 minutes for the train to take us to the terminals. I really, really don't like cutting it that close, and it was pretty infuriating. When we finally got to the airport, it seemed as though my flight was the only one leaving. So the massive line of passengers we got behind were all waiting for one of the two check-in stewards to let them/us in. And I think were were a handful of people moving overseas, because they had so many carts of luggage it seemed like a joke. It was not. I was checked-in when the plane began boarding.

That was NOT how I wanted my last few, precious hours with my man to go. I wanted time to hold him, cry a bit, talk to him. But instead, I was annoyed and stressed. When we ran to the check point, I burst into tears. I love him so much, and the thought of not having him near for a while makes me dread this trip a bit. I clung onto him for a moment before being pulled towards the queue. What pain I never understood with someone you want to be with forever! I still pray it won't be as long without him near...I'm determined.


The flight to London was rocky. I slept a bit, but we had pretty intense turbulence that made even me a bit nervous. We dropped a few times (though not too badly) and people yelped and screamed. I started practicing Reiki and the plane finally levelled out before I feel back asleep.

I had forgotten how big and busy Heathrow is, and when I walked through to my connecting flight to Nairobi, I nearly burst into tears from the high stimulation.

For the record, I am not a cryer, but I've never cried so much in my life, than I have in the last week. The sorrow and fear (and a few other things) have left my eyes damp.

The Nairobi flight, unlike the London flight, was pretty sparse, so I managed to grab a middle aisle all to myself and sleep for most of the 8-hour leg. I watched a few TV shows and, of course, thought of The Man.

I hope I don't end up turning this blog into a sad romance novel. I think it'll be easier once I get sleep and get adjusted. I do know it'll never be easy, though. He's the man I love and it's going to hurt not having him near. For now.

No comments: