Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dream Interpretations


Last night my school had an Advisory Council meeting at one of the nicer hotels in town. Actually, it might be the nicest hotel in town - it has a 5-star rating. It's called Serena Hotel. It's the kind of place where wearing tennis shoes are poo-pooed and everything looks like a nice little resort.

They apparently had just freshly made their potato chips and plaintain chips there, because they tasted freshly made. The hor d'oeuvres were awesome. And the poolside was very, very nice. It was full of white people. which of course is not surprising in the least.

I met a woman there who is Rwandan but lived in LA for a few decades. She only recently moved back to Rwanda, and she had quite a story to tell about it all. I thought she was awesome, and she gave me her card. I mentioned The Man, and she got excited for me and said, "Let's get him something good!" I LIKED her! Yeah, let's!



Sadly, though, I had business to do after the evening meet and greet. Details I would get very frustrated about if I had to get into talking about them, so I'll refrain.

Let's just say that it included me going to work with a drunken colleague at 8pm to scan some documents, and me paying A LOT for a cabbie to drive me back home by 9:30pm. I was pretty grumpy about it all.

Last night I dreamt that I had missed the plane to Rwanda because I had forgotten to look up the time of the plane in the states. I was so upset, and felt pretty lost and like I just ruined everything. It was an odd scenery, because it clearly wasn't NYC, and I was with family members in what it seemed like 2005. I woke up to find myself inside the mosquito net in my room in Kigali, but the dreamed bothered me a bit. I don't know what it means. Did I miss the boat on something? According to dreammoods.com:

To dream that you miss your flight or a connection indicates that you are feeling helpless and trapped by some situation. You feel that you are being held back, either physically or mentally. Alternatively, the dream may also suggest that you are feeling disconnected in some aspect of your life - work, relationship or home life.

Perhaps what happened last night at work at 8pm really made me feel stuck or held back. I guess that's right, actually. It's the only thing I feel is really holding me back from really going forth and shining. I hope that it's only a growing pain, and that soon I'll be really happy and whatnot with it all.

No comments: