Saturday, January 21, 2012

Simple Thoughts Before BDay


I had a really, really frustrating (alright, it was bad) day all around today.

So! Let's try for more positiveness! Yeah!

I like that we can walk so much here, partly because everyone takes their time, but also because it's sometimes easier. And nicer. I am a bit concerned about my health and weight here with all the fried foods, but with all the walking I've been doing lately, I think I might just be alright and perhaps even slim down a tiny bit (as long as I supplement it with a few jogs and the jump rope). Today, Denise and I walked throughout a lot of the city on some errands, and it was nice to walk around so much. Dinner was so much more rewarding.



Something people like to do here is party. At clubs, at bars, whatever. I'm realizing more and more that's really not my scene at all. In fact, it tires me a bit. People here go out so late, and they party super hard. But really my idea of an exciting night most often is coming home and reading, or watching a movie. Or perhaps going out to a fun Salsa or Trivia Night at a local joint. Or maybe even just sleeping. Don't get me wrong, partying has its place, and when I want to go out I have a lot of fun. It's just not that often for me.
How, Kim, is this positive?? Well, I'm just super grateful that I know this about myself now and I don't have to feel obligated to do something I don't enjoy that much. I save money and time and enjoyment because I know that it's not an investment I'm not often willing to make. Go me!

I feel like I might be slowly getting the hang of things here. At least, maybe a bit. I'm remembering buildings and areas a bit more, and I am learning how to get cheap fare. And I'm starting to see areas that I really like, and think of moving around, when I have more money someday.

I'm beginning to understand that I actually do know a thing or two about stuff. Now, it's just a matter of leverage.

My birthday will be on Sunday. I know tomorrow some of my colleagues and I are going to have dinner at a place that is hosting a movie, "War Horse" (really? meh), to celebrate. I am happy to have another year to make my life even better. I wish The Man was here with me, but at least I'll probably chat with him for a super long amount of time. Continuing to find him a job so that he can be here and I can have a real birthday. That was me being flirtatious, positive, and hopeful.

No comments: