Monday, February 23, 2015

First Day of School

I had to wake up early today. Sure, some of it was for Skyping, but I also had to prepare myself. I showered, ate breakfast, put some fruit into my lunch bag, and threw on my backpack.

Much like a first grader, today was my first day of school.

It was a good first day of school.

There is not much to report, truth be told. All day (9am-5pm) I was absorbing introductions in a classroom with 50+ other people newly enrolled in the Masters for Integrated Water Management. But I did meet a lot of people from a lot of different countries, and got to talk about water freely with others who know at least as much as I do about it all.

I was a lot more outgoing and talkative than I have ever been in previous classrooms, which is a bit thrilling (and different). I guess I’ll be one of the chatty kids in my class! I know some may find it shocking that I normally end up quietly sitting in back, absorbing the material in my solitude…but that was how I rolled for a lot of my last two degrees. This one, though, seems to have attracted the excited part of me out of its shell.

Also, I might be the only person that is super enthusiastic about toilets. Already people are noting my passion and eagerness to talk about sanitation, which could be either good or bad. I’m hoping to convert some of the younger ones to the dark side.

Other than that? I walked around campus, ate dinner, and talked to my roommate.


And I do it all over again tomorrow morning.

No comments: