Sunday, February 04, 2007

Ahhhh Jetlag

Dan kept me awake until midnight, bless his soul.
We went out to get sushi near my place. I know, I know...eating Japanese with a Russian in France, while speaking english. Globalization. It's a bitch, huh?
He also made me get a pint at some pub nearby. Yay beer.

Then I feel asleep forever. 11.5 hours of sleep. I think I'm well rested.
But! I'm still tired. Jetlag, ain't it a bitch?

Today I fought with DSL for hours, got a french phone, and then went to the store again.

I met up with one of the mexican kids who's going to Sciences Po with me, Raul. We walked around Paris for a few hours, while I completely bastardized the french language and he patiently waded through it all with me. His apartment is adorable and in an interesting area (think Champs-Elysées).

Aside from concluding that my french really does truly suck, I talked with him for hours, and it got a bit easier. Now I'm waiting for a call from Ido so I can talk in broken english with someone and then crash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mon amie!!
I am taking a french course at the moment! what are the odds of that. Hope you go to that cute lil restaurant that had the best fillet mignon ever and that cocktail bar. which we had cool times in. Holla back. Hope you have un beacoup de bien temps! ?? lol oops!!
salut mon amie!
ton amie,
eliana.

Dante said...

Ma cherie!!1 Tu me manques, mais beaucoup!! Je suis tres content que tu es bien arrivee, et que tu as commence de connaitre your new home!!! Je suis tres proud de toi, tu me manques, je t'aime, abientot!!!

Dante