Monday, February 05, 2007

French Service


Today was one of the worst jogs of my life! Lots of pedestrians, lots of cars, and my jetlag just wiped me out. I ended up running up the rue de Vaugirard in complete silence and made it to the Jardin de Luxembourg (pic). I went for a jog in the park, where EVERY OTHER Parisian was running, too. It was pretty weird, to me. But it's pretty awesome to be able to run around landmarks so quickly. I was a bit excited about that.

I understand "French Service", now. I'm at the grocer's and they throw the plastic bags at you, and you bag it. It's just that they don't have time to do it for you. And they don't wanna do it, either.
Some guy was trying to be pleasant with me while in the grocer's while he tended to his children. I think he was commenting on me buying a tub of hummus. I just had to look at him stupidly, smile, and say "c'est hummus!" And I walked away upset and unable to warble in a petty 2 second conversation.

I walked home from the grocer's and looked behind me because someone was staring....and the Eiffel Tower was sparkling. Yup, I see that in my neighborhood. It was something that made me stop for a second in the mid of my frustration and be happy of where I was.

Dan called me up and invited me to meet up with his friend Sasha to go see a movie, "Paris je T'aime". It was a GREAT compilation of short stories with a power cast. And it was in FRANGLISH! Awesome! I highly recommend it! And Sasha was extremely nice, too.

2 comments:

Dante said...

C'est comme ca pour le monde (le Service Francais). No one else really believes in being pampered like we do. Except maybe the Japanese. Savais-tu que je t'aime? Car c'est vrai! Chamber n'est rien sans toi. Tu me manques.

Dante said...

Mais vraiment...tu me MANQUES. Retourne-ici, s'il tu plait. :(