Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Aimee, Soup, and Reflection


So, I have missed 2 classes now because of my sicknesses this week. Let's hope this doesn't continue.

Aimee's here! Which means that she's jetlagged and dead on the couch now. But beforehand, we had some good times being sisterly and babbling and goofing off and whatnot.

The Sciences Po Choeur had a concert tonight. It was....less than impressive. That is all I have to say about that.

Pierre met up with Aimee and I for a very late dinner (which I was able to stomach! yay soup!), and we just chit chatted for an hour or two.

Now, here is when I realize I have a beef with myself right now. I have noticed that within the last week I have completely flaked out. I don't mean that in the "taking life too loosely" manner. No no, my dear friends... I mean I have been taking everything FAR too seriously. I have found myself sappy, emotional, SUPER UBER FEMALE. I have become a lot more concerned about my relationships with people. I have been trying to express myself more clearly (case and point, I'm writing a bloody BLOG about how I am FEELING!). I have been worried for the past week about how people think of me and where I am with who and all of that super complicated and unnecessary jargon.
Granted, there have been several things this week that have made my emotional homeostasis completely out-of-whack (ahem, flu? yeah, no fun)...BUT THIS IS THE FEMALE IN ME TALKING and making excuses.
Normal Kim is on the sideline with her head in her hand, saying, "She is competely ruining everything. What's wrong with her?! Why can't she just calm down? Agh..."
And with that groan, and exasperated throwing of arms (throwing in towel here), I have made an agreement with myself to try to get Kim's emotions back in check. Bring things down a bit. Become easy-going, again. Feel a little more center field. NOT freaking out people around me would be neat, too. Let's not push any more people away, shall we, dear Kim? Yes, let's.
So, for any of you who may have been in contact with me for the past week and wondering what I've been smoking/drinking/digesting, please be assured that you are not alone in your disenchantment with me, and that I am working on this current issue as we speak. Just let me know if I gotta work a little harder.

No comments: