Thursday, May 18, 2006

Prodigal Roommate

I have never been so upset about cleaning out a fridge & cupboard in my life.
When Erin left, she had left a LOAD of stuff behind (including clothing): CD cases, a first aid stash, some toiletries that are usable, books, notes, etc.
Ok I can understand that, to a degree.
But when Julia left this morning, she had left an entire slew of food behind. This I am not OK with.
To name a few: boxes of Bisquick, vegetables, fruit, boxes of cereal, condiments to the wazoo (including 3 jars of jam!), cartons of eggs, old chicken, 2 bags of sugar, 2 bags of flour, food that grew legs, cheeses, whipped creams, a pack of Red Bull, a few Fosters, and 3 bottles of vodka.
Most of it I had to throw away.
I donated a boxful to charity.
The rest of the stuff, though, brand new stuff, and definitely salvagable, but opened, so not donatable. Neil and I are trying to get rid of if all as much as possible. I made biscuits. I might make some kind of coated baked chicken (chicken fingers? cereal-yogurt coated? who knows). We made a lot of eggs with onions.
Not to mention I have my own food to try to get rid of ASAP.
This is ridiculous.

I'm going to the gym to work this off.

No comments: