Saturday, January 21, 2006

Late Night Excursions

So, last night was interesting and quaint. Just to let you know, where our flats are located compared to the academic center (and compared to the other half of the flats where students live), there's A LOT of walking. Think about a little more than a mile to the academic center (25 minutes, give or take?), and about the same distance to the other flats FROM the academic center....
Eugene, Eliana, 2 other people, Kenneth and I decided to meet at Oxford Circus. That's rougly 30-35 min. from Kenneth and my flats. So, that was quite a walk. And to meet at Oxford Circus is vague; there are 4 points that you could meet at that place, and none of them are very easily accessible from the others. Traffic here is psycho.
Got some italian buffet...
Kenneth and I decided to meander to Picadilly Circus afterwards (he doubted my navigational skills, but I prevailed once again). Then, it was about 11:30, and we were 40 minutes from home. Rough.
He griped the whole way back.
Men.

Today, I had to bite 6 pounds just to go to the gym FOR ONCE. Let's hope I can get a membership soon.
Tonight looks like, either Buckingham Palace, or Tower of London? Not so sure yet.

No comments: