Friday, March 31, 2006

Walking Back To Crawford...

I noticed a few interesting things when I was walking home from the gym today. Normally I see interesting, or at least entertaining, things when I walk home, but today I just feel particularly motivated to muse about it.
Observation 1: I noticed this one of the first days here, but I think it's worth sharing...British people run. I don't mean for you to think, "oh yes, good for them, they're healthy." They're not. I mean random businessmen and women, people of every denomination, can be found running down the streets looking either upset, concentrated, or in a rush. Yes, yes, I know, not that interesting...but think about it: I live in New York City usually. If someone's running down the street in NYC, and they're not in athletic attire, you better than hell believe you should be running, too. I wonder where these Brits are running to. I wonder what makes it so they're more motivated to get whereever so quickly.
Observation 2: Another not-so-new musing...the Europeans are FAR MORE into Public Displays of Affection (PDA) than Americans. Every crossing, tube escalator, or public nook has a couple or two snogging ever so in the open. I'm a little uneasy about this, mostly because I think PDA is rather low brow, but also because I'm slightly jealous. I think anyone seeing them is at that moment in time.
Observation 3:
British Street Police check out the backsides of women/girls walking behind, or past them.
Observation 4: More people are out of style than you really think. Just look a little harder. Not too much. Just enough to realize that what they're wearing may "in fashion" at the time, it still doesn't look good.

That's all for now in London.

PS: If any fellow NYUer is reading this, and is planning on getting an apartment for Fall 06, LET ME KNOW! I need to get out of Housing ASAP, and it'd be nice to room with a familiar face for once.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, this variant does not approach me.