Thursday, April 06, 2006

Found It......!

Today was magnificient outside, so I decided to get out of the flat (well, I wasn't really originally at the flat, it was a decision when walking back from yoga) and go for a walking romantic adventure with myself.
So I put on my headphones, left my mobile in the flat, and started roaming up to Angel. Angel is this adorable little section of East-Central London that would kind of remind you of a little area in the West Village (NYC reference, had to). Cute shops are brimming there! Sidewalk cafes scattered around, a little outside mall (?), lots of restaurants and pubs....
And I found where all of the youth (15-25) of London are.
At last!
So I just mosied up and down St.John's Street for a while. And it was sooooooooo beautiful outside! Didn't really go into anywhere because I lack money.
But, I finally found the London that I knew I could fall in love with.
Found City University, and a sign for LSE (London School of Economics). Now, for those of you who aren't familiar, LSE is up there with Oxford, especially for us business/law students (no, I'm not law, I'm just saying...). This excited me more, so I decided to quickly go back to the flat and change my jeans (because they were falling off a lot and annoying me) and continue my adventures.
On my second adventure, I discovered the London's Silver Vaults (near Chancery Lane). This is exciting, because they sell silverware and jewelry, ALL SILVER, for outstanding prices. I must go when it's open sometime.
Off to Holborn I went. Holborn is near Covent Garden, kind of busy little area.
But before I got there, I discovered some beautiful old (and condensed) buildings. Lincoln's Inn is gated, so you can't go in, but it's really adorable and quiet. And Kings College. Next to it is the Royal Court of Justices. This building is not only massive, but it's probably one of the only not-as-known landmarks that really define London for me. And I could see the Thames in the nearby distance. The puzzles are coming together, now!
I wish I had my camera with me.
And there I found it. LSE. The campus. It's small, kind of intimidating. Very urban. I loved it.
And on the way home, I went by buildings that I normally just pass by, and saw what they actually look like. That was exhillarating.
I like how it takes me about 3 months or so to actually discover my own London. And it's right in my backyard.
Idiot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your links are ridiculous, I love them.

I'm happy to hear you found London (finally).

And I miss you bunches.