Thursday, April 27, 2006

How To Play Billiards

I brought Susanne some banana bread I made today out of celebration of great grades on our Finance projects. She asked me if I wanted to go play some billiards at the Trocadero, in Picadilly Circus, and I said sure. My classes for tomorrow are cancelled. Let's play pool!

This place was massive, like a sci-fi mall, only more impressive. Apparently Brits have a huge gambling problem, because it was 4+ floors of slots and other games. Well, arcade games, too. So anyways, we ended up at the back of the sports bar area where the billiards were. There was a big football game on the TV, so the bar was PACKED, and rowdy. For those of you interested in the sport, it was Barcelona vs. Milan in the Champions League finals. Barcelona won, it was REALLY close, though.

Susanne and I managed to play....5/6 games of pool. Long games of pool. I won 1 of them. She's decent, I suck. Let's just say, I've never been taught how exactly to play pool well. Alas, it showed.

2 random college guys (asian and black, not like it matters, but it's for visualizing purposes) watched us for most of the time. They just stood/sat on the side, watched us suck, commented, watched football, tried talking to us. Around the end, the guys asked us to play a match with them. Sure, we're nice girls, let's play pool. I was teamed with Glynn, who's an electrical engineer. Susanne was grouped with Shane, an socio-anthropology major. Both UCL students. They were wicked nice guys. Poor Susanne couldn't understand their VERY thick British accents (think north, hackney-ish). Give the girl a BREAK, she's from Austria!!!
The guys asked us about ourselves a bit. I asked questions, and translated to Susanne into American english.
Glynn and I won that one. The poor guy, though, got a nosebleed in the middle of the game (leaving me to make most of the "shots"). I asked Shane what was up, and he said, "he's excited to be playing with you." Cute.

Susanne and I got tired around 11pm, and started heading home after the game so we could watch a movie with Erin. The guys wanted to get drinks, but we said we had classes in the morning. Terrible lies.
Shane asked, "Wait a minute! You mean we aren't going to do the whole exchanging numbers deal?!" We tried to explain to him that we only had 3 more weeks left in London, but he insisted that we could all get a few drinks before then. And that we could make fast friends, or something. Ok, they were nice guys. We gave them our numbers.
When Susanne called Erin to tell her we were coming back, Shane and Glynn came over and Shane asked me if I had a boyfriend. I laughed, not knowing how to reply, so just said not right now. Then he asked, "What about som kind of British guy? You have any British boyfriends?" This made me sad, thinking about mistakes I've made in the past, but I laughed and replied, "Not for a long while." Silly questions people ask. We upped and left then because we had to catch a bus back to the flats. See them later, perhaps?

We came back and ate lots of Austrian chocolates and ginger cookies while watching the b&w movie Brief Encounters. Sad. Romantic. Not the best movie ever. But it was fitting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always knew you were a slut whore penis magnet! Oh my dear Whoresome! I'm so proud! sniff sniff....and think.,,,,if you do end up dining British style, think of the uncut sausage that awaits you!!


Slut

Anonymous said...

and I think I know another sort of movie called 'Brief Encounters'....perhaps I'll bring it and we can watch THAT one. It's neither B&W or sad per se.......

slut