Monday, April 17, 2006

Parental Supervision

Oh wow, I totally forgot to tell of what I saw when my parents were in London last week (I'm in Madrid right now...more on that later)!
So, they arrived on Thursday and I met up with them at their hotel when I was finished at the gym. Note: their hotel was incredible, I couldn't have felt any more prestigious. We just kind of vegged out after we went to Wagamama's (everyone goes there!) for dinner. I made them take the scenic route so they could see my school and the British Museum.
The next day we walked to get show ticketsfor "Guys and Dolls" at TKTS in Leicester Square, and I showed them around Chinatown, we loitered at the British Museum, and cruised back to the hotel again. Eliana & Denysha met up with us at the hotel's lounge (they were in awe, too), and we ate at a pizza cafe across the street for dinner. "Guys and Dolls" was very well done. You could tell that the actors were all much stronger in ther dancing skills (the dancing was superb), but they knew how to sing, so I was mostly pleased. Overall, I give it a B+/A-.
Saturday, dad wasn't feeling well, so he stayed in while mom and I went shopping on Oxford Circus. I love shopping. I bought 3 new jeans, and 3 new shirts. And 3 new CDs (Ben Harper, Simon Webbe, and CRUNK HITS).
The oddest thing about my parents' stay was that they kind of made me go out Saturday night with the girls & Oz. Literally, told me to call them so we could go out. Okay. Well, when we got together, no one really knew what we were going to do (apparently I was supposed to plan an outing...oops). So we ended back up at MASH, where the girls were happy with the music selection. Being poor students, we just went in to dance (poor Oz just smoked his cigarettes and bounced along to the music). Some guy from Pakistan came over and tried to be "intimate" with me (though his words were very flattering, I am sure he was far gone). I gave Oz a look of desperation, so he came over and played the role of the boyfriend to get me out of there. Good olde Oz.
So, after sleeping maybe 3 or 4 hours, my parents and I hit up a bus tour of Stonehenge, Bath, and Stratford Upon Avon. Seen the first one already, so I just hung out and read my book and slept on the bus. Then we hit up the George Inn for a Sunday roast. The Inn is very historical, according to the tourguide, who said that it was pre-Elizabethan, and used way back when for important political and influential meetings.
Bath is beautiful. Nothing at all to what I was expecting. Bath is hidden in ths nook of a valley. You see it, and it's just this huge labyrinth of tightly packed stone buildings. All sandstone buildings (a massive amount, at that), and very busy with people (expected). The Bath Pump Room was neat. We got to walk around the ruins of the ancient Roman baths (surprisingly well kept, and there were many models of what it looked like), and see where the springs came from, and the history of the springs. I was enjoying it all. When we were done touring, we set out to walk a bit of the city. Lots of shops. Lots of fudge. Rain, as always in England. Finally, we drove for a few hours (I napped) to see Stratford Upon Avon, where Shakespeare was born. The town is microscopic, and the house was adorable. Rain. They served us strawberry scones and champagne, we toured the house, and ran back onto the bus.
The bus tour was mostly bus, which was good because that meant I slept a lot. The tourguide was a hilarious old Irish man. He babbled for much of the ride, of which I was sleeping and could hear in my sleep the babble of an old Irish man.
When the tour ended, the parents and I ate at Garfunkel's, and then headed on back to their royal hotel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think the best part is the hotel, or the clubbing with the parents, or the traveling to Stonehedge and Bath, oh no... The best part of this entry is that you bought a CD titled "Crunk Hits" in jolly olde England.