Monday, March 19, 2007

re-Vittel-issez Vous!


Let's see.....anything worth discussing on the blog?

Hung out with the boys (that being James, Neil...and Dan) the whole week, since the first two were visiting for spring break. It was interesting, and infuriating at the same time. Dan has lived here a month longer than me, and was acting as if he knew the town so well, but he didn't have a CLUE where things were. I can't go more into this topic without ranting and lecturing and venting, so I'll just leave it at that right now.
By the way, we walked by this really weird building that was decorated in the most confusing manner.....on 59 Rivoli.
Made dinner for the kids on Wednesday. HAPPY PI DAY! Made brownies, though, because Paz and Lorena insisted. A huge group of us all ended up walking to the Eiffel in the middle of the night. It was very nice. And Neil threw me over his shoulder and we walked some more. Pierre and I talked during the walk, and it was nice.

I like talking about life in simple terms sometimes.

Thursday I had a long day with French. French class was particularly hard to talk in, and I had to go straight to the chorus practice, needs to Etienne the Tenor/Bass sadist. Jerk. I blew up on him (calmly, via writing notes) about how he didn't tell me I was singing with BLIND people. He laughed the whole time. I made another friend in the chorus in the Bass section...hopefully he'll be of more help than Etienne has been to me.
Afterwards, Liisa and I went to get takeaway from this really tastey Indian Restaurant near my place.

Friday, Neil and I went for a walk around and had a heart-to-heart. He's really helping me out with some of my personal issues.
We then met up with James and went to the Louvre for maybe 1.5 hours, which isn't a lot of time. We ate dinner with a bunch of the kids here, and came back to my place and had a lot of fun and laughs.

Am I a boring person or what? Only on this blog, I hope.

Saturday, I agreed to cook a dinner for 10-15 kids. It was nerve wracking. I ended up sanitizing the apartment before even starting with the meal. Luckily, Pierre came over a little bit early to help me cook the monstrosity of a meal. And he came in his new uniform for the military. It looks really great on him, and I was bubbly like a school girl on a field trip.
Peter came over, too, but he was of no help to us.
Basically, the night mostly consisted of Pierre and I working in the kitchen while the rest of the kids hung out in the living room like a family waiting in a hospital to hear about how a dramatic surgery went.
The meal was pretty decent (AND CHEAP!). We talked for a while, until kids started parting their ways to finish Saint Patty's in designated pubs. Pierre and I ended up staying in talking and watching Grey's Anatomy (he was really eager to watch it). Which is funny, because as soon as the show started, I compeltely forgot I was in France. So much English!

Today, after sleeping in, I met up with Liisa and Alex at the Louvre to see Liisa's ex in a music festival. We all thought it was this lowkey event in some corner of the museum. We get there to find out that this was some huge world (or at least European) music show; Musicora. We were gawking at beautiful instruments, perusing some gems of sheet music, and enjoying the atmosphere of music lovers and connaisseurs. I felt at home, and realized just how much I truly miss music in my life. I think it's time to reboot the music gene!
Liisa's friend was a cellist in this Mozart quartet. It was DELIGHTFUL! Very well done, and truly appreciated by the entire audience.
My day is done. I have to go to bed, or start homework for tomorrow, or something.

No comments: