Friday, May 25, 2007

Lots of Baked Goods


On Wednesday, I was really frustrated. Angry, really. Just overall fed up with a lot of stuff, a bit stressed....you know how it is. Anyways, I was cleaning my apartment (to release some of the stress) and stumbled upon two rotting bananas. I'm glad I found them. I therefore cooked banana bread (slightly ad-libbed, of course), which only helped me in my energy releasing.
After the banana bread was finished, I met up with Pierre at the Ministre de Défense, where in roughly 30 minutes he not only told me about his new mission to Azerbaijan (I'm completely jealous), and encouraged me to tell him why I was upset (and I was doing an great job holding it all in, mind you) but I spewed out all of my current aggrivations in a tiring and extremely fast-English rant. I think he got it all. He just replied at the end with, "Wow." I felt a bit better after that.
I ran to my marketing meeting, which by the end of I was begging to get out of the presentation practice. Aching, really.

Yesterday night, after a most painful chorus practice, Liisa and I went for a walk from school to the Champs Elysées via the Seine. We talked a bit, walked a lot. We then met up with Brandon and his friend from Korea at Ladurée. What is this place, ask you? Only the most heavenly (and expensive) restaurant and macaron-making store in the world....or at least Paris. And that says a lot.
And let me tell you, we ate (and paid) like kings. 50 EUROS for the meal in total, for me alone. Granted, we ordered a wonderful Vin Rosé. And I did happen to get an entrée and a plat AND a dessert. But still, it was EXPENSIVE. But worth it. Totally. It was all magnificent. Though the bill was not...I must say the macarons are completely divine.
The conversation at dinner was a bit heated, though not as much as it could have been. We were discussing the US-Chinese relations and current currency issues, as well as education reform, and communism, and all of those joyous things. It was enjoyable to me, though we beat a dead hose a bit. No matters.

Today, I feel bad...in Marketing we started our final presentations, and the last group to present today....I just ripped them apart in Q&A. I mean, their idea was silly and unfounded and not thorough nor stable, but by the end of it, they start avoiding my questions and would give me painful looks when I raised my hand again. Luckily, the teacher and some others were ripping them with me as well.
The topic was to bring this French TV program for presidential candidates to the US on MSNBC. Note please, this is one of my specialties, since I am an International Marketing major WITH a concentration in Media, Entertainment, & Technology. I know a lot about this stuff. So when I heard it, I was like, "this would never work, and this already exists, and you wouldn't reach a market....". It's hard to explain if you weren't there....but needless to say, I don't think those kids like me very much anymore. Sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.