Saturday, May 19, 2007

Some Running and Some Gorging


Yesterday I finished another book about the making of the Oxford English Dictionary.

I also showed Liisa how to run outside. We jogged around the Louvre and she did an excllent job! 3 miles for a beginner is amazing! I sang the whole jog to keep her motivated. Afterwards, I coached her in abs and stretching.
Afterwards, we celebrated by gorging on oodles and oodles of sushi and bento at SushiWest near school. Think a plate meants for 6 people, eaten by three. And then the bento. We were starving at first, then not at all afterwards. The best sushi I've had in many a months. Laura joined us, and it was good. We talked about men and we talked about how we will make good wives someday. I knocked over a flowepot, and Liisa startled a man by losing her balance and grabbing his Coke.
Before we ate the Sushi, we feasted on delicious grapefruit juice at Café des Flores.
We went for a walk over to our favorite gelato place. Laura, being from Milan, actually explained to us what the italian names meant.

Liisa and I felt romantic late at night, so we hobbled (after we ate enough food to sustain Rwanda for a week) our ways to Opéra. In doing so without a map, we found ourselves completely lost and in dead streets. Don't worry, it only took us an hour to find ourselves.

It was very bizarre, but during our day, Liisa and I were completely haggled left and right. We got catcalled from men in cars, yelled at by women in cars, approached by men on the streets, and so on.....It was truly unusual! We both have never been so sought out after in our lives, and we were starting to get paranoid and wondering what it WAS that was making us easy targets that day.

Right now I'm working on a project about Second Life with my group. It's taken us 6 hours to get the skeleton of our presentation, not even the data......OH, sweet lord....

No comments: