Sunday, May 27, 2007

Panic Modes


After marketing class, Kendra and I met up and talked about our French Opera papers. We concluded that we didn't have much, but weren't too worried about them. We got into a big talk, so we ended up going for a walk, found ourselves (well, we tried to find) at the Mosquée Arabe that I haven't been to since first arriving, and drinking teas with pastries for a few hours. It was a huge thunderstorm, so it wasn't like we could go anywhere anyways. We concluded a lot. It was a great day.
She walked me back to Cluny/Sorbonne where I met up with my marketing class (well, all of 9 kids who showed up) for our class dinner. We went to this resto called Watt. Very trendy spot, I felt very cool being there. Our teacher came, and I soon came to realize I was the only English native there. It was fine, we just talked in French all night. My teacher is as dull out of class as he is in class, so luckily I was on the other side of the table far away from him. I joked around with some of the kids I know from class, and harassed Joris from across the table, too.
It was a decent meal. I ate Kangaroo!!!! which made me feel really badass and hip. Then I found out half of the table got the same thing....and the desserts there were amazing, too! Overall a somewhat decent night.
I walked some of the kids home, since the night was young and I lacked a schedule. Found out Joris sings somewhat professionally, and the shock still hasn't worn away.
Finally ended up walking all the way to Les Halles, back to Concorde, and took the last train home.

Today I woke up late, got a phonecall by French fast-speaking José about the gala. I have no idea what happened in that conversation, but somehow I managed to agree to buy a ticket for the gala, where I'll know maybe 2 people total. Great.
After my jog, I cooked like it was my job. Coq au vin, Gratin, some pea dish, and a tarte au pommes. It was a lot of work, and people kept inviting more people. I was really really frustrated (it was adding to my previous upset-stressed self) and ended up snapping at Brandon. I think I scared them. Anyways, the food turned out fine after it was done, I cooled my jets, and Peter stayed after to watch Babel with me again. It turned out to be an alright night, afterall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At the mosque during this beautifully frightening thunderstorm: what a great idea! It must have been the best place to see that. I was heading for the BNF and it was quite frustrating going into the underground reading room (albeit the light was beautiful). We definitely have to go the mosque again sometime before you leave.