Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Blech


Haven't been feeling super hot lately.
Stomach ache. Realized I've lost a lot of muscle while being here. Just overall gross feeling.

Cooked on Saturday. Had a small group of only 6 of us! That was the smallest group I've cooked for here!
I went to the Salvador Dalí Museum with Kendra on Sunday. It was really amazing. I didn't realized how many sketches Dalí actually drew! And he was really into randomness. I really like his works a lot. Some more than others, of course, but overall he's one of my top 5.
I love the fact that his melted clocks were based on a train of thought at a dinner party. He was glancing at a wheel of camembert cheese, and was somehow brought to thinking about how time was fluid...and thus he went from point A to point Q3 in one swift step. I feel like I relate to his way of thinking a whole lot. The only difference is that his was considered a form of genius, while mine is considered a handicap.
Kendra and I afterwards went for a nice long walk. Just talking. It is fun because we just talk, and none of it matters, yet, it does. Anyways, we ended up going to the Cimetière de Montmartre and roamed around the not-so-little city of dead people. We found Adolphe Sax, and since she's an avid saxophone player, she was very happy to see him. Another 2 hours of walking around the city and we parted ways.
Peter was over my place the entire time working on my computer. He bought pizza (blech) out of grattude. Note: Peter lost one of his front teeth in a drunken tumble. That means I had to cut his pizza up (like a mom for a 2 year old) in little pieces. He then went off about how he was straight-edge from now on, changed man, alcohol ruins people, blah blah blah.
Yesterday, I officially finished writing papers for Sciences Po. I also finished my course in economic negotiations. The debate was about US & EU negotiations about steel. Not terribly interesting, but a bit. I passed my french final. My prof even told me that I have progressed a lot. High five.
I met up with Piere and we got a really fast tea at the Mosquée. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I just felt aggressive the entire time. It's nice to see him, and to see that he's no longer running around frantic trying to juggle everything. But it's too bad I'm leaving soon and we can't spend a lot more time hanging out. This goes for most people, though, I guess.
I ran into a lot of people before I got home from class last night.
Particularly, I ran into José on the street. He started going off about this weekend and how busy it was and how he didn't even have time to sleep.....and I had no idea why he was telling me all of this, until I realized he was using it as an excuse for something. I just wanted to ask him if he got his ticket for the Gala. Which he did. The other stuff I couldn't have cared less about. Oh, people.

No comments: