Friday, June 01, 2007

What Was That?


Raining, raining. Always raining. It's been like this mostly all week.
I have been doing normal lifestyle things again; eating lunch with friends, studying and goofing off with Joris at the BDE lounge, making more French friends based on my American status.
Jogging...meetings for projects...laundry....
On Wednesday, Joris was giving me crap (he still goes) about buying Ladurée macarons. I bought them for the dinner party, with a bottle of wine! He'll have none of it. Oh whatever...
At least he was nice and bought me my ticket for the Gala, since I lack a checkbook here.
Liisa and I ended up eating the macarons before even getting to dinner with Gencho the Bulgarian and José...they were chocolate! Can you blame us really? As women??? No matter, we were an hour late for the dinner anyways because we got lost at Les Halles to find out we actually needed to be at Comédie Française right next to the Louvre....a bit of an inconvenient walk, but it was alright because we were girl talking and enjoying the not-as-rainy weather. Gencho had to actually find us in the end because we were clueless....
Dinner was absolutely great....long time talking....we had a bit too much fun...and ended up staying later than expected...there was lots and lots of wine...... we had the most interesting conversations...ahem...
Gencho was hitting on engaged Liisa, which was hilarious. José (who cooked, by the way, from a book called en français, "Meals for Men to Cook in Order to Woo Women") took off his shirt at the dinner table to show us his manly chest...which takes a lot more explaining that I don't wish to get into here...and Liisa and I were in complete shock the whole night. It was just a fun night.
Thursday was easy going; woke up for class that was cancelled. Studied for french final that I took for 2 hours (wrote an essay about national identity in the EU, good times). Chorus was boring of course, though Lars from Germany and I had fun as the only "men" there. I had to sightsing all of the music, though music because this new tenor came to sing the second tenor lines, but he is completely tonedeaf and I had to help him by keeping him on pitch (super)....after which, Bonnie thanked me for everything that I do, and in English! Shocker.
Liisa and I got dinner at 2 magots again after that. We HAVE to stop those dinners out, they're REALLY SERIOUSLY killing my financial stability (or lack thereof). But we, as always, had an excellent dinner and conversation together. We spent hours just talking, venting, reflecting on life...things that we don't do with the other people.
Oh yeah, and I got that internship that I interviewed for. I'm a bit scared, though, because they have designated me as a leader of a group of interns while I'm still here in Paris. What does that even mean? I haven't the foggiest idea... I have to start work ASAP on that all, too...
Our final presentation in marketing worked out pretty well. The class was shocked at our ideas. No bad comments. Though, Joris harassed me all throughout class.
now, working on a paper....

No comments: