Monday, June 25, 2007

Even Buddha Eats Brownies

I've been kind of reclusive lately. Many of the people I like spending time with have already left or are unavailable for the time being. My apartment and I have had some quality time together...packing, cleaning, cooking...

The run yesterday was a joke. The gauze moves around so much I could barely go at a fast pace because when I tried my arms would scream in pain. A for effort?

Last night I went out with Alex and her other Aussie girlfriends to Buddha Bar. I was really expecting the bar to be a club of some sort, where you dance in the middle. But I was very, very wrong. It was a restaurant!!! With a bar on the balcony. Extremely well designed, very beautiful, but no dancing. The music was appropriate and very dancing friendly, if only the location was...we wanted to dance so much, but couldn't! We bought our 1 drink each that cost at least 3 times the normal amount, and relished in them for a few hours while we soaked in the atmosphere and shouted over the music.
It was kind of good that it wasn't a club because my shoulders are still throbbing, but regardless I would have liked to dance a bit.

I went home early enough to catch the métro. I went to bed around 2am, put on my alarm. It didn't go off, and I woke up 11 hours after I feel asleep. I better be well rested! Lazy day...

I baked brownies today, tried a new recipe I found on my favorite recipe site. They're full of cocoa. They're more cakey than brownies, but still taste alright. Lars is coming over to take them, I hope he likes them alright.

I should start studying for my final in 2 days...

No comments: