Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Tests, Luggage, and CHOCOLATE

Oh, Liisa, how you spoil my soul...
After my 2 hour final for my last class at Sciences Po (goodbye, french buddies! goodbye, Péniche! how sad), Liisa and I were successfully able to down 1 brownie, 2 servings of ice cream/gelato, and crême brulée (much like my arms...).
We went for a walk to Île Saint Louis to shop around for some final family gifts, but first got our initial chocolate fix. When we got to the shops, we realized we STILL had to try Berthillon ice cream before we cruised that, so we got 2 scoops. Shopped around on the lovely ITTY BITTY island. Then we went for a walk over to Institute Monde Arabe and the Bastille.
It's crazy when you have lived somewhere for a long enough time... you don't realize all of the areas and THINGS you miss out through your daily routine! It's sad that through our getting ready to leave we realize this too late.
Stopped at the opéra to PRAY for punk opera tickets, but to no avail.
Continued to walk around the area until we reached the restaurant that I first went to in Paris a year ago while staying in London: Centinaire. Still good, yup.
We talked and ate for 3 hours. That's when the crême brulée happened.
We walked home via Le Marais, and then said, "Our last stop will be our final bites of Amorino gelato." And we did.
What a nice, relaxing day....post-final, that is.

Now I'm packing. Had to repack the bags, after panickingly discovered I have to actually haul my luggage from connecting flights. I think I've successfully managed to roll everything possible, so now I have just 2 bags (how much they weigh? we'll find out later...). I'm an amazing packer...and yet, I have so much more to pack.
And I have to write 2 letters AS WELL AS clean the flat before I leave. Stress....

No comments: